First Flight Cruisers Forum  

Go Back   First Flight Cruisers Forum > Club News and Announcements > News
Forum Home Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

News This should be your first stop!

Old October 17th, 2010, 05:26 PM   #1
obxladyDi

Default newsletter

looks like we may revive the old First Flight Cruisers Gazette. The newsletter we used to mail out every month. I would like to hear suggestions on what kind of articles you would like to see in it. also if anyone would be willing to write a monthly column or a one time article to contribute to it.
I will be off line for a short while as I am "visiting" Outer Banks Hospital for a while starting tomorrow. but keep posting your suggestions and I will get them when I can. thanks
obxladyDi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #2
DT/NoTime

Hello LadyDi, With the speed of the internet, free access and no printing expenses, could it be a regular section of the club website? Just a thought. By the way, how did the track time go for the Monte Carlo? I was hoping to stop by Harbinger today but I ran out of time. Next trip, I'll be there. -DT
DT/NoTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 12:59 PM   #3
05Roush
FFC President

Send a message via Skype™ to 05Roush

The thought behind the hard copy newsletter is to reach those that do not visit our site on the net. We have over 50 registered/paid club members but as you can tell by the votes for the calendar... less than half visit our website.

Anissa
FFC President
252-202-1054

"When I was a little girl, Barbie's head was the ball and her body was the bat."
05Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #4
DT/NoTime

Ahhhh, I see. Nevermind. I hope all goes well for LadyDi and her hospital visit. -DT
Old October 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM   #5
OBXCharterCaptain

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Roush View Post
The thought behind the hard copy newsletter is to reach those that do not visit our site on the net. We have over 50 registered/paid club members but as you can tell by the votes for the calendar... less than half visit our website.
OK play it like Chicago Politics and let us vote more than once....
OBXCharterCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2010, 09:04 PM   #6
DT/NoTime

I thought all the mail-in ballots from the missing members were votes for the Black 'Vette.............-DT
Old October 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM   #7
05Roush
FFC President

Send a message via Skype™ to 05Roush

Di, I will be happy to help you in anyway I can!

Anissa
FFC President
252-202-1054

"When I was a little girl, Barbie's head was the ball and her body was the bat."
05Roush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2010, 03:38 AM   #8
obxladyDi

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I am recovering nicely, and bad news for the Monte, her rear end stripped out. , she is done for the year. gotta start saving up to get her ready for next season
Old November 8th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #9
obxladyDi

here are some of the articles I had in mind. Each month to profile one member and their ride. chosen at random. Maybe some one could test drive a new vehicle and write a review. a monthly calendar with events and birthdates posted. a monthly Tech tip. during the racing season, updates on any members racing preformance, news on any shows attended by club members and trophys or awards won. write-ups featuring a different sponsor each month. with a full listing every month. How 'bout some more ideas. What would you like to see in your newsletter? Maybe each months tech tip could be written by a different member. How about a monthly joke? or auto related trivia? (g-rated please) Send me your ideas and any articles you would like to submit.
I'm afraid i wont be able to attend this months board meeting, club house has more steps than I can handle just yet, so send your thoughts, suggestions, submissions etc. to my email. obxladydi@gmail.com Thanks!!