PDA

View Full Version : How my long weekend started

ctuckGen1
November 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM
A co-worker of mine was struck from behind while turning into work & he hit my parked truck. I can't believe it. I just finished restoring it about 6-8 weeks ago. It was my dream truck.
http://i46.tinypic.com/30ksyma.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2rz71nn.jpg

DT/NoTime
November 28th, 2009, 01:06 AM
Brett, my heart sank when I saw this photo. While I've never met you, I've seen your truck on my many rides to the beach. I feel for your loss. I have some friends who view a car as an appliance. Most have never turned a wrench short of changing a flat and have no idea of the involvement or sacrifice it takes to build, restore, modify or even nuture a prized vehicle. I know that nuture is a strong word, but I can't imagine that anyone with a cherished car, regardless of make, would disagree that these cars are only in their condition because of our involvement. I hope that no one was seriously injured in this wreck. I'm sorry to hear of your misfortune. -DT

obxladyDi
November 28th, 2009, 10:34 AM
I am so sorry. If your like me , your ride is almost like a child! My deepest condolences. Di

70STANG
November 29th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Passed your truck today Brett. Sad to see but definitely glad you were not in it at the time.

05Roush
November 29th, 2009, 10:34 PM
Oh my! I'm so sorry Brett. I know you are heartbroken but am very happy you weren't in it at the time.

69nova
November 30th, 2009, 07:32 AM
Thats probably the hardest way to loose a vehicle, i feel your pain

that hot rod lincoln
November 30th, 2009, 10:58 AM
My greatest sympathies!!!! I felt the same when my Marauder was destroyed last summer.

ctuckGen1
November 30th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the sympathy guys. It has been a rough few days, even rougher today seeing it in the lot @ work. Adjuster should be there tomorrow to give his opinion of my truck. I don't know what to expect, all I can do is hope & pray that their insurance does the right thing.

Sponge60
December 1st, 2009, 10:29 AM
So sorry about your truck getting smashed. Seems to me that you have some leverage here, since you weren't in the wrong at all. The person that struck your co-worker and their insurance company should be able to make things right for you. Stand your ground. You have too much time and effort invested in your ride. Good luck!

1QIK-SNK
December 1st, 2009, 07:59 PM
sorry to hear and see that. like they said at least you was not in it and you was not hurt. you should tell the adjuster you have about 5k more in it what you already have in it and maybe you will get more for it. if not tell them to fix it.

good luck !

acreature
December 3rd, 2009, 01:40 PM
Unfortunately, Insurance companies are only obliged to pay for its worth, and not personal worth unless youve insured it for more. Good luck.

ctuckGen1
December 7th, 2009, 10:10 PM
I wanted to says thanks for the support, sympathy & to give an update on my truck. The adjuster came out on 12/1 & looked everything over. He asked me what I thought what my truck was worth. I told him that clean retail on NADA was $7675 & that I felt that it was worth every bit of it. He agreed. The settlement was $7475. I asked if I could keep it & he said for $5660, I could. I elected to keep it & part it out which I think that I've already got $1000 worth of parts sold. I received my settlement 12/2 & have already purchased a new truck. I found a 93 F150 XL 4x4 for $1800 & I'm good with how everything worked out. I plan on using the rest of the money to finish the remodel on my house which is down to paint, trim & flooring. Thanks again, guys & gals.

69nova
December 8th, 2009, 07:28 AM
glad to hear it all worked out:cool:

DT/NoTime
December 14th, 2009, 11:21 PM
Hey Brett, It was nice to meet you. What a cool spot to work! I kept thinking about the wild toys one could build with a shop like that. The wagon would have needed wheelie bars for sure! Good luck with your next project. Best regards, -DT

ctuckGen1
December 15th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Brett, It was nice to meet you. What a cool spot to work! I kept thinking about the wild toys one could build with a shop like that. The wagon would have needed wheelie bars for sure! Good luck with your next project. Best regards, -DTYes, it was good to meet you as well. I couldn't have built my truck w/o the help of the guys I work w/.

DT/NoTime
December 17th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Hey Brett, Just a thought, what permission/arrangements would be required to have a club cruise and visit to the "Grave Digger" Shop? Are some times of year better than others? I enjoyed watching the pros there R&R the vehicles, and seeing what's under the bodywork; I'm sure others in the club would also. Others that I'd spoke with said they'd also be interested. Thanks for any information you might have regarding making this possible. -DT

70STANG
December 17th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Tom right Brett, there is a lot of interest in the club to visit the shop. Let us know if we can work something out.

ctuckGen1
December 28th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Hey Brett, Just a thought, what permission/arrangements would be required to have a club cruise and visit to the "Grave Digger" Shop? Are some times of year better than others? I enjoyed watching the pros there R&R the vehicles, and seeing what's under the bodywork; I'm sure others in the club would also. Others that I'd spoke with said they'd also be interested. Thanks for any information you might have regarding making this possible. -DTI'm sure that it can be arranged. It is a mad house right now & the trucks are getting ready to leave for a 3 month tour of North America so the trucks won't be back until the first of April. Anytime after that would be better, at least there would be trucks in the shop to see. We need to stay in touch for this to happen.

DT/NoTime
December 28th, 2009, 09:53 PM
Consider it done. I'll keep in touch. -DT

70STANG
December 29th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Me too, hopefully we can put faces together one Tues pm at Hooters or a cruise or other activity. We are planning on going up to VA Beach on Sun 1/17 for some indoor karting if you can make it let me know. Thanks Brett!