PDA

View Full Version : FFHS Empower Hours

05Roush
January 3rd, 2009, 12:49 AM
I've been contacted by the FFHS PTA about our club bringing cars out to the school for the kids to look and ask questions about. This would be a fairly small group. They have something called empower hour which is the first 30 minutes of their lunch(if I'm remembering correctly)... something like 12 - 12:30. This is the time that the clubs meet. There has been some interest in the automotive sector and as many of you know, Dare County no longer offers the typical 'shop' classes.

I think this would be a great benefit to both the kids as well as our club. The time will be difficult for many... but as this would be on going, I think there will be times that most will be able to participate. They are wanting 1 to 2 cars at a time.

The following dates have been requested. Please let me know if you are interested in participating and if any of the dates are good for you.

I hope that you have had a outstanding holiday. I have a few dates that we have open for the FFHS Empower Hour. Please let me know if one or more are good for you.January 27 and 29February 3 and 5Thank you once again. Beverly

obxmush
February 1st, 2009, 09:28 AM
Is anyone going to try to do it this week???? :bump:

69nova
February 2nd, 2009, 08:25 AM
i was in, i guess if we can git it fixed i'm in

70STANG
February 2nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
I'd love to do this. I need to look at my schedule and see if I can take off one of the dates.

05Roush
February 2nd, 2009, 04:34 PM
I have sent an emal to Bev Boswell about visiting this week to make sure it was still good for them. For the record, they only want 1(one) vehicle at a time. But with this much interest, we could schedule everyone throughout the spring.

I'll keep you updated.

05Roush
February 2nd, 2009, 05:21 PM
The latest email from Beverly:

Could you PLEASE come next Tuesday? Our students are getting used to this new schedule. Now, we will have only one thirty minute slot. If you could be at FFHS at 12:30 on the 10th I will meet you in the front office.
I need the names of the people that will be coming so I can give them to the school secretary.
I hope you can make it. The students especially the boys are psyched!
Thank you once again.
Beverly

For our first appearance, I really think we need to stick to one vehicle. See how it goes and how the kids respond. 30 minutes is "not" a long time and they would probably be overwhelmed with multiple vehicles and not have the time to ask the questions they would want to ask.

Anyway, who would like to go on the 10th? Let me know and I'll set it up.

Thanks!

69nova
February 2nd, 2009, 06:46 PM
well so tomarow is no good, or what and i think 30 is alot for one, i would think like 2 cars, and try to get a mix, old and new, or car and a truk, or a bike. kids like varity

05Roush
February 2nd, 2009, 07:26 PM
I understand where you are coming from. I was just going by what she had requested(see below) and since they have now changed the lunches around there is only one 30 minute block on these days instead of 2, which means more kids/questions/etc. at one time.

Thank you for your response. I am so excited about this project. The boys are going to flip!

We have 2 thirty minutes sessions on Tuesday and Thursdays. If you could show a car and talk about it, that would be interesting. You could come to visit any of these days as many times as you would like throughout the year. You could discuss how to join the club, how you get started collecting, resources if you are interested in restoring, etc.

I can't thank you enough for your time. The students will walk away with some great information.

Thanks again.

Beverly
PTSA

obxfishfuzz
February 5th, 2009, 08:12 PM
guess i missed it sorry my bad:(
ok i see i can go tuesday i am off so i am in!!!!

ctuckGen1
April 17th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Is this still happening? I might be able to help if I can. I'm not a member of the club but could possibly help.

70STANG
April 18th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Anissa has been the contact person on our side but I believe that there has only been 1 time this was done. Bob Darden took his '70 Chevelle SS up about 2 months ago and there was a communication issue in that nobody seemed to know he was coming so there was no prior announcement.

I'll talk to Anissa and see if we can get this started again and hopefully have a better turnout.