PDA

View Full Version : First Flight Cruisers 2009 Calendar Contest

05Roush
May 28th, 2008, 10:25 AM
We're putting together a printed 2009 calendar featuring our member's cars. To have your vehicle be one of the monthly features, you're going to have to participate in one of the summer cruises that are being held in place of the normal monthly meetings. There will be 4 cruises with 3 vehicles voted in during each one; making 12.

The process:
The featured vehicles will be picked by you! Once we arrive at our final destination, you'll be able to vote for the top 3 vehicles. Only FFC members in good standing(i.e. dues paid to date) are eligible. Vehicles that have won at a previous event will be out of the voting for all subsequent events. You may request that your vehicles be entered as a group(all featured on one page)... for example; the Renkosiak's have asked that their 3 Camaros be voted on as one and if chosen, will have one picture with all 3 cars. Please let us know before voting so we may announce it to the group. Also, for those that have multiple vehicles, you must have the vehicle you'd want featured at the event. There are a total of 4 voting events, we understand that it's summer and you won't be able to make them all... it just takes 1! YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO HAVE YOUR VEHICLE VOTED IN!!

We have had two ladies step up and volunteer their photography services for this project(thanks ladies!!!!). We'll set up a photo shoot for all the winning entrants in September. Calendars will be ready for purchase late November.

If you don't happen to be voted as a featured vehicle, there is still another opportunity to make the calendar... the cover is going to be the club photo. We've been talking and talking about this photo and as if it's not hard enough to find a date where the majority of members can make it... then the weather doesn't cooperate. :rolleyes: Look for a poll on the club photo in the near future!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here(I'm sure I left something out). I'll keep this thread updated throughout the process so everyone knows what vehicles have already been chosen.

The May cruise was on the 27th. The top 3 from that event were:

1. '48 Lincoln Continental - Bill and Nora Saunders9/20
2. '32 Roadster - Bob Lucas9/20
3. '08 Blackjack - Eddie Musick - 9/20

The June cruise was on the 24th. The top 3 from that event were:

1. '70 Mustang - Brian Depedro - 9/20
2. '70 Chevelle - Bob Darden
3. '39 Packard - Claude and Pat WattsOwner Supplied

The July cruise was on the 22nd. The top 3 from that event were:

1. 3 Camaros - Tom, Dave and Steve Renkosiak
2. Ron and Di Watts
3. '05 Roush - Anissa Musick - 9/20
3. '66 Mustang - Tom Rogers9/20

The August cruise was on the 26th. The top 3 from that event were:

1. '69 Nova - J.T.
2. Chrysler 300 - Mike TillettOwner Supplied
3. '01 Vette - Skip Wescott

Dates for calendar photos are set up as follows:

September 20th - at the Chrome Pony Fall show in Elizabeth City
October 4th - Location TBD

We need to know who will be at the show on 9/20. Photos will be taken there and/or at different locations on the return trip. Those that will not be attending are asked to please be available on October 4th. If for any reason, you cannot be present on either date, I ask that you please let me know ASAP. We are also in need of a club group photo. It is virtually impossible to schedule a time that is going to be convenient for everyone. The best time to take one of these is going to be during the September cruise, I urge as many members as possible to attend!

05Roush
June 25th, 2008, 12:45 AM
Updated...

05Roush
July 22nd, 2008, 11:50 PM
Updated...

05Roush
July 23rd, 2008, 12:50 AM
Okay, so I went back through the bag o'votes and it seems I missed one. :confused: So after a recalculation, the top 2 stayed the same but Tom Rogers' gorgeous blue '66 Mustang vert tied with the Roush! I'm going to move the '05 to the same page as the Blackjack and give the '66 vert solo honors. :p

69nova
August 18th, 2008, 08:36 AM
your so kind:rotf:

05Roush
September 8th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Updated...

70STANG
September 8th, 2008, 05:00 PM
I'm planning on going to the Chrome Ponies show on the 20th.

69nova
September 8th, 2008, 07:42 PM
need some chevys to go w/

70STANG
September 8th, 2008, 08:11 PM
need some chevys to go w/

Unfortunately, the Chevy guys don't like to drive their cars. :rolling:

What about it Skip, Bob, etc... Hopefully we will have a good size and diverse group going. Who's in for this show?

Me...

I was looking at the cars that will be in the calender and their is pretty much an even split between classics and late models as well as Chevys and Ford. Where are all the mopars though? (Other than Mike).

05Roush
September 8th, 2008, 08:14 PM
Unfortunately, the Chevy guys don't like to drive their cars. :rolling:

:rotf:

Actually, I think we have a good group going. Who's in for this show?

Me...

3 vehicles will be coming from our household.

70STANG
September 8th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Do you have any Chevys? ;)

05Roush
September 8th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Do you have any Chevys? ;)

Don't even joke like that!! :slap:

70STANG
September 8th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Don't even joke like that!! :slap:

:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Seriously, I know you'd love to have a nice '68 Camaro RS/SS in that garage.

05Roush
September 8th, 2008, 08:34 PM
:rotf::rotf::rotf:

Seriously, I know you'd love to have a nice '68 Camaro RS/SS in that garage.

Bright yellow with a black vert top... OH YEAH!!! :rockon:

obxmush
September 8th, 2008, 08:35 PM
the bumblebalt would have been jealous.

70STANG
September 8th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Bright yellow with a black vert top... OH YEAH!!! :rockon:

And a hemi orange 70 Road Runner right next to it!

obxmush
September 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM
MMMM Hemi. hey that dumbass down there has a $20,000 market adjustment on the challenger sitting on the lot. Is he out of his friggin mind.

70STANG
September 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Only if it doesn't sell! Someone will buy it, you watch. I wouldn't, but someone will.

obxmush
September 8th, 2008, 08:41 PM
yeah but the msrp is 31,500 or something like that, then he goes and puts a sticker next to it tha says.....20,000 market adjustment. Why doesn't he just write, I'm a greedy bastard next to it.

05Roush
September 8th, 2008, 08:43 PM
the bumblebalt would have been jealous.

Just a reminder of what the bumblebalt wants to be when she grows up! :D

And a hemi orange 70 Road Runner right next to it!

yeah, and a teal/white '57 Chevy...
a silver Malibu...
a blue Corvair...

all verts, of course! :p

Then there's the chopped F100 street rod I have dreams of building...

Ohh... so many cars... so little garage space! and money...

70STANG
September 8th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Ditto.

05Roush
October 15th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Okay everyone, today is the 15th and I only have one pic for the calendar... :confused: If we expect to have these things by the Christmas Party, we're going to have to get on the ball!!!!

I NEED YOUR PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ASAP!!!!

1QIK-SNK
October 15th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Okay everyone, today is the 15th and I only have one pic for the calendar... :confused: If we expect to have these things by the Christmas Party, we're going to have to get on the ball!!!!

ASAP!!!!

I know im not in the club (yet), but if you need picture for your calender you can use mine. :D

70STANG
October 16th, 2008, 12:59 AM

ASAP!!!!

Is early next week too late to get pictures to you? I'd like to take some this weekend if possible.

Pat Watts
October 23rd, 2008, 06:46 PM
Claude gave Mike his picture several weeks ago.

Pat

05Roush
October 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Is early next week too late to get pictures to you? I'd like to take some this weekend if possible.

Nope, not too late at all!

Claude gave Mike his picture several weeks ago.

Pat

Hmmm... I'll ask him about it as he has not passed it along.

70STANG
November 9th, 2008, 07:59 PM
What is the best way to get it to you? CD, attachment, hard copy, or this...

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/686136/fullsize/pict0392.jpg

or this...

http://www.supermotors.net/getfile/686137/fullsize/pict0393.jpg

69nova
November 10th, 2008, 08:30 AM
VERY NICE:D, I'd like to see that live:cool:

70STANG
November 10th, 2008, 08:39 AM
What are you doing before the cruise-in tomorrow? :poke:

I should have taken some front angle shots.

69nova
November 11th, 2008, 08:43 AM
why, you know a parking lot that needs your a good smoke out:rules:

05Roush
November 11th, 2008, 08:59 AM
That first one is great! :D You could put it on a disk or just email it to me, without the watermark.

70STANG
November 11th, 2008, 06:50 PM
That first one is great! :D You could put it on a disk or just email it to me, without the watermark.

I'll e-mail it to you. I may try and get a shot from the front but I'll send this one to you so you have something.

05Roush
November 11th, 2008, 10:34 PM
I'll e-mail it to you. I may try and get a shot from the front but I'll send this one to you so you have something.

Great, thanks!

obxladyDi
December 21st, 2008, 02:59 AM
I noticed you have our last name wrong on the Camaro listing for the calendar. Its Watson not Watts. Did you get the calendars ordered. I had hoped to have some for Christmas presents, or did the whole thing crash and burn :confused:
Any way Merry Christmas to all, hope you get what you wished for. My wish was to get my VW back. Oh well. At least I'm blessed with family and friends!!!
Di :reindeer:

05Roush
December 21st, 2008, 08:31 PM
I noticed you have our last name wrong on the Camaro listing for the calendar. Its Watson not Watts.

Yes, I know. Must have been a typo. I'll fix it...

Did you get the calendars ordered. I had hoped to have some for Christmas presents, or did the whole thing crash and burn :confused:

No. I will have one for everyone to see in the coming week(s). I'll take pre-paid orders at that time. I did not just order 20 or so as I personally will have to pay for them when they are ordered(CC only) and I didn't want to be stuck with calendars no one wanted. I'll let you know when it's in.

Any way Merry Christmas to all, hope you get what you wished for. My wish was to get my VW back. Oh well. At least I'm blessed with family and friends!!!
Di :reindeer:

To you as well!! :D

70STANG
December 22nd, 2008, 06:05 PM
Awesome! Can't wait to see the finished product. You can definitely put me down for one.

DT/NoTime
December 23rd, 2008, 09:30 PM
I'll take one also, thank you. -DT

drenko29
December 29th, 2008, 10:17 PM
I could probably use at least three.

70STANG
December 30th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Actually, I'll take 2!

05Roush
January 13th, 2009, 05:59 PM
The first round of calendars have been ordered. I expect them to arrive sometime next week. Because of the lateness... the first month will be FEB.

Total price per calendar is $19.50 including shipping and taxes.

Please let me know here how many you'd like... once these are claimed, I will order another batch.

:)

70STANG
January 13th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Actually, I'll take 2!

:bump2:

05Roush
January 13th, 2009, 06:55 PM
:bump2:

Yeah... yeah... I saw that! I just wanted you to type it again! :p

obxladyDi
January 14th, 2009, 09:56 AM
I would like 2 please

05Roush
January 14th, 2009, 11:41 AM
Got it! Thanks! :)

obxfishfuzz
January 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM
1 here:cop:

05Roush
January 14th, 2009, 07:48 PM
1 here:cop:

Marvelous!!!! :D

DT/NoTime
January 15th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I'll try to get the Nova washed and waxed for next year if you could use a Chevy photo. It can do nice burnouts as well. -DT

05Roush
January 15th, 2009, 08:04 PM
I'll try to get the Nova washed and waxed for next year if you could use a Chevy photo. It can do nice burnouts as well. -DT

Absolutely!! :D

05Roush
January 20th, 2009, 12:55 PM
The calendars are IN!!!! :D