PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Currituck!

'88E30
April 20th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Hey everybody!

New guy to the forum here. My name is Frankie..I'm a 22 year old life long Currituck resident and an extremely proud owner of a 1988 BMW 325i. I've been searching for this model BMW (E30) for over three years now, and I finally found this (dirty) gem on Craigslist a few weeks ago. It was literally on the site for all of 45 minutes when I called the guy and told him I'd be there the next day to take a look at it. After seeing it in person and giving it a nice look over, I was on my way home with one of my dream cars. It's, for the most part, all original with over 200,000 miles on the chassis, and a lot of replacement parts; timing belt, water bump, steering rack, suspension, exhaust, clutch master cylinder, hoses, belts, radiator..etc.

It's a little rough around the edges right now, but I definitely plan on bringing it back to new and keeping it for quite awhile! It's nice to finally have a car I'm proud to own, and knock one of my dreams cars off my list at a young age. I hope to meet most of you over the summer and enjoy a bunch of cruises and various outings! Take care! :cheers:

Only decent photo of the car right now..

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5136/5578331194_73c65ece96_b.jpg

Bill190D
April 20th, 2011, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the bunch!!! Sounds like you and the BMW will have many happy times together.

Bill

05Roush
April 20th, 2011, 09:03 PM
Ahhhh... it does my heart good to see folks getting the car bug at an early age! Welcome Frankie! Looking forward to getting to know you and your E30!!

Congrats on the new purchase and marking 1 off the list!!

'88E30
April 20th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the bunch!!! Sounds like you and the BMW will have many happy times together.

Bill

Thank you sir..I'm sure looking forward to those times! Hopefully I'll get it into good enough shape to start tracking it a little.

Ahhhh... it does my heart good to see folks getting the car bug at an early age! Welcome Frankie! Looking forward to getting to know you and your E30!!

Congrats on the new purchase and marking 1 off the list!!

I've had the bug since I was born..lol..just now got a car worth loving!

70STANG
April 20th, 2011, 11:29 PM
Welcome aboard Frankie! I'm a BMW nut myself. Don't own one now but I've had a few old 2002s and an '87 325ic. Those E30 sixes will last forever. Looking forward to meeting you at an upcoming get together.

'88E30
April 20th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Welcome aboard Frankie! I'm a BMW nut myself. Don't own one now but I've had a few old 2002s and an '87 325ic. Those E30 sixes will last forever. Looking forward to meeting you at an upcoming get together.

Thank you! I'm glad I found someone else with some BMW experience, because while I love the brand and the culture, I don't know too terribly much about them mechanically..haha. It's funny that you mentioned the 2002, because I actually stopped and looked at two on the way home from work this afternoon! I'd love to pick up one of those later on down the road.

http://i51.tinypic.com/2nbhn2d.jpg

70STANG
April 21st, 2011, 12:00 AM
Haha, that's exactly what my first one looked like. It was a Burgundy '76. Great cars but rust... not good!

There is a local E30 guru here on the beach I can put you in touch with for parts/service/advice.... He knows those cars inside and out!

'88E30
April 21st, 2011, 01:26 AM
Haha, that's exactly what my first one looked like. It was a Burgundy '76. Great cars but rust... not good!

There is a local E30 guru here on the beach I can put you in touch with for parts/service/advice.... He knows those cars inside and out!

Yeah, I was in love with this car when I saw it, but I did see some definite rust issues I couldn't afford to fix at this point in my life..lol.

And I would absolutely love that! I need an E30 mentor, because I plan on rebuilding this car bolt for bolt..and a parts source would be great.

mongoose
April 21st, 2011, 03:03 AM
88e30/Franky welcome to our forum,We are always looking for new members, sponsors,etc,,We recommend new members to visit : forum home/news/forum rules
Welcome ADMIN