PDA

View Full Version : newsletter

obxladyDi
October 17th, 2010, 05:26 PM
looks like we may revive the old First Flight Cruisers Gazette. The newsletter we used to mail out every month. I would like to hear suggestions on what kind of articles you would like to see in it. also if anyone would be willing to write a monthly column or a one time article to contribute to it.
I will be off line for a short while as I am "visiting" Outer Banks Hospital for a while starting tomorrow. but keep posting your suggestions and I will get them when I can. thanks

DT/NoTime
October 17th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Hello LadyDi, With the speed of the internet, free access and no printing expenses, could it be a regular section of the club website? Just a thought. By the way, how did the track time go for the Monte Carlo? I was hoping to stop by Harbinger today but I ran out of time. Next trip, I'll be there. -DT

05Roush
October 18th, 2010, 12:59 PM
The thought behind the hard copy newsletter is to reach those that do not visit our site on the net. We have over 50 registered/paid club members but as you can tell by the votes for the calendar... less than half visit our website.

DT/NoTime
October 18th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Ahhhh, I see. Nevermind. I hope all goes well for LadyDi and her hospital visit. -DT

OBXCharterCaptain
October 18th, 2010, 06:31 PM
The thought behind the hard copy newsletter is to reach those that do not visit our site on the net. We have over 50 registered/paid club members but as you can tell by the votes for the calendar... less than half visit our website.

OK play it like Chicago Politics and let us vote more than once....:D

DT/NoTime
October 18th, 2010, 09:04 PM
I thought all the mail-in ballots from the missing members were votes for the Black 'Vette.............-DT

05Roush
October 21st, 2010, 08:14 AM
Di, I will be happy to help you in anyway I can!

obxladyDi
November 8th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Thanks everyone for the well wishes, I am recovering nicely, and bad news for the Monte, her rear end stripped out. , she is done for the year. gotta start saving up to get her ready for next season

obxladyDi
November 8th, 2010, 03:57 AM
here are some of the articles I had in mind. Each month to profile one member and their ride. chosen at random. Maybe some one could test drive a new vehicle and write a review. a monthly calendar with events and birthdates posted. a monthly Tech tip. during the racing season, updates on any members racing preformance, news on any shows attended by club members and trophys or awards won. write-ups featuring a different sponsor each month. with a full listing every month. How 'bout some more ideas. What would you like to see in your newsletter? Maybe each months tech tip could be written by a different member. How about a monthly joke? or auto related trivia? (g-rated please) Send me your ideas and any articles you would like to submit.
I'm afraid i wont be able to attend this months board meeting, club house has more steps than I can handle just yet, so send your thoughts, suggestions, submissions etc. to my email. obxladydi@gmail.com Thanks!!